Would you like to have your restaurants and menus listed in our voice search marketplace for free for broad consumer reach? Fill out the form below and you’re set. We’ll contact you to confirm and let you know the next steps. It’s easy.
Why Voice Search and Commerce?
Voice is natural and easy for humans to use in part because people have been using embedded microphones in mobile apps for years. Amazon launched Alexa and Google launched Google Assistant that has 95% voice recognition reliability on par with human recognition.
Today there are over 100 million voice assistants in use across several voice channels, expected to grow to 275 million by 2022. There are also more than a billion voice access points today worldwide via mobile apps. Orderscape has published its new nationwide Food Marketplace on Google Assistant for search and Alexa for custom built Skills for full-menu ordering.
According to ComScore, by 2020, over 50% of all search (mobile and browser) will be voice enabled. Moreover, About 30% of all searches will be done without a screen by 2020, per Gartner. This means if your restaurant is not discoverable on these voice gateways (at home, office, mobile or even in the car), then you are invisible to millions of consumers using voice to find anything…including a place to eat, drink, order and reorder food to carry-out and reservations.
This new market and sales opportunity and Orderscape, pave the way for restaurant operators to enable their restaurants and menus on these platforms for search and commerce activities.
Why Voice-enable Your Menus?
Food ordering begins with what to eat before where to order seventy percent (70%) of the time. This means food search for cuisines like Chinese or menu items like Fettuccine Alfredo. Voice search must be concise, hyper-relevant and deliver fast results based on what vs. where.
Increase Brand Accessibility. Voice search has become a significant portion of web traffic and will grow—both on mobile devices and voice assistant devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Consumers view these devices as access points for information, engagement, e-commerce and online takeout.
Convert local queries to actionable tasks. Voice search marketing to increase your local traffic cannot be overstated. Many times, people who are using voice search are on-the-go and looking for local results that they can be used immediately. “Hey Google, where can I find a Taco near me.”
Critical Voice Stats
- 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020, per comScore.
- Approx. 30% of all searches will be done without a screen by 2020, per Gartner.
- 17% of all households in the United States owned a smart speaker in 2018, per OC&C Strategy Consultants. This is predicted to rise to 55% by 2022.
- 52% of people keep their voice-activated speakers in their living rooms, per Google. 25% keep them in their bedrooms, while 22% keep them in their kitchens.
- 35.6 million Americans used a voice-activated assistant device at least once a month in 2017, per eMarketer—a year-over-year increase of 128.9%.
- 1 in 4 shoppers used voice assistants in their holiday shopping during the 2017 season, per Voicebot.ai.
- 72% of people who own voice-activated speakers say that their devices are used as part of their daily routines, per Google.
- Mobile voice-related searches are 3 times more likely to be local-based than text-related searches, per Search Engine Watch.
- 65 percent of people who own an Amazon Echo or Google Home can’t imagine going back to the days before they had a smart speaker, per GeoMarketing.
- 41% of people who own a voice-activated speaker say it feels like talking to a friend or another person, per Google.
- Voice commerce sales reached $1.8 billion last year, per OC&C Strategy Consultants. Sales are predicted to reach $40 billion by 2022.
- 22% of U.S. smart speaker owners have purchased something using their devices, per Edison Research.
- 5% of consumers use voice shopping, but that number could reach 50% by 2022, per MoffettNathanson.
The voice economy is real and here today, not five years from now.
What We Do for Your Brand
We make it EASY for you to take advantage of voice search and ordering TODAY and get in front of millions of consumers as we grow our voice marketplace for food. If your brand is connected to a qualifying food ordering platform (such as MonkeyMedia, Olo, etc.—coming soon to a portal near you), for a limited time, we offer you a free listing of all your locations and menus in our Marketplace for consumer exposure.
Restaurants must become voice assessable in 2019: menus voice-enabled for food-centric search and voice ordering. This is a massive, exciting new sales channel and opportunity for customer engagement, search, discovery, and commerce. Free is only available to those forward-thinking brands that want to remain relevant and keep pace with how consumers use technology today.
Just fill out the form below and you’re set. We’ll contact you to confirm and let you know the next steps. It’s easy and we look forward to connecting with you.
Orderscape Marketplace for Brands